#5 | Red Flint Firecracker
Eau Claire Co. Expo Cntr. — Eau Claire, WI
From The Race Director . . .
The first Firecracker was held in 2005 and we’ve been welcoming racers every year since. CORBA remains hard at work to bring you some of the best racing in Wisconsin. We utilize this event as one of our primary fund raisers, which allows us to continue trail development on no less than SEVEN trail systems in the region. Your participation is a big part of making these trails happen, so thank you!
The Firecracker weekend has plenty in store for you. On Friday you can set up camp, pre-ride and then grab some delicious wood-fired pizza onsite from the Foster’s Cheese Haus Firetruck. Saturday brings you course pre-rides, our popular All-You-Can-Eat pasta feed (a fund raiser for McDonnell High School cross country team) and s’mores by the bonfire.
Race day kicks off with an amazing All-You-Can-Eat breakfast buffet (fundraiser) that will be sure to fuel you up. Post-race, grab some snacks in the Racer Lounge or hit up our concession stand, available all day Sunday. One thing we boast is “spectator-friendly” viewing areas. There are many sections of trail just a short walk from the Eau Claire County Expo and let’s not forget about the return of the Red Flint Brew View, our on-course beer tent!
Are you a runner? The fleet-of-foot can add to the weekend by signing up for the Firecracker Trail Run and choose between a 5K or 10K race on the same great trails.
Not racing? We are always in need of volunteers, who also receive a swag bag PLUS a t-shirt! Please be sure to watch the CORBA website and our Facebook page for course updates and race enhancements that are still in progress. This Firecracker is always a blast!!
All race proceeds go directly to CORBA, a 501c3 non-profit organization. CORBA builds and maintains the trails you are riding. A special thank you goes out to Lowes Creek County Park for their support of mountain biking and CORBA.
The Red Flint Firecracker rides again! We have rocks, roots, lightning fast ski trails and hard packed dirt waiting for you in 2017. CORBA welcomes everyone back to Lowes Creek County Park and the trails you have been racing since 2005. The Red Flint Firecracker is packed with all of your favorites so don’t miss out on a fun-filled weekend.
We’ll start you off with the long, wide lead out where you can position yourself for the first section of twisty pine trees. Next up you’ll want to stay on your toes for a couple of wet creek crossings and our short, punchy climbs. Add in the spectators sprinkled throughout the course and you’ll stay motivated until your sprint to the finish line..
*Include applicable Wisconsin Sales Taxes
|Race Category||Start Time||Approximate race Duration||Number of Laps||Entry Fee||Late/Day of Registration|
|Junior (age class 7-14)||9:30 AM||30 min*||1||$22.16**||$28**|
|Try-It-Out||10:00 AM||35 min*||1||$22.16*||$28*|
|Citizen (Cat 3)||10:00 AM||56 min*||2||$29.54*||$36*|
|Sport (Cat 2) & Open Fat Bike||11:30 AM||74 min*||3||$31.65*||$38*|
|Comp (Cat 2) & Open SS, Open Clyde, Open Women||1:30 PM||106 min*||3||$31.65*||$38*|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) women & Cat 1 Junior Women||1:30 PM||107 min*||3||$36.93***||$43***|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) men & Cat 1 Junior Men||1:30 PM||132 min*||4||$36.93***||$43***|
|WORS Kids Race 1:00 PM Everybody is a Winner for 10 & under – $3|
|*Race Duration based on median time for the Category. Laps subject to change secondary to conditions!|
* Race Registrants must either purchase a $10 one day license or present their USA Cycling annual license at race registration.
** Entry Fee applies for juniors (race age 18 & under) racing Citizen, those racing Sport pay $24.27/$30, and Cat 1 juniors $30.60/$37
*** There is no one day license option for Pro & Cat 1 entrants
Register: Online beginning April 1 through June 19th or by mail before June 16th.
> Make Checks Payable To: WORS
> Mail To: WORS, 8675 Rolling Hills Road, Custer, WI 54423
Late Registration (On Site): Friday 3-6 pm and Saturday 8 am until 1/2 hour before the start of your race.
2017 USA Cycling/WORS Event Release Form AND One Day License Application
Juniors (Racer under the age of eighteen as of the day of their registration) not accompanied at the race venue by a parent or legal guardian must present a signed form at registration.
Important Notice About PDF Printing – For legal purposes, many states require documents of a legal nature to use print in a font of not less than 10 points. These documents have been created with that requirement in mind. However, Adobe Acrobat may scale your document down to it’s own margins, thereby reducing the print to a size that may render the legality of this document void.
For your legal protection take a moment as you print this document to ensure that printer scaling is turned off. Follow these steps if you are unsure:
- Check the box below, and click ok
- Once the document opens in Acrobat, press ‘File’ > ‘Print’
- The printer dialog box will appear.
- Ensure that the ‘Page Scaling’ option is set to ‘None’
- Ensure that the box for ‘auto-rotate and center pages’ is checked
- Press the ‘Print’ button
Please note that options on printers may vary by model and by the software that the printer uses. If you have further questions, please email don at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having problems viewing this PDF file, you can right-click on the link below, and choose “Save Link As” to save the file to your computer. You can then double-click on the file to open this file in Acrobat outside of your browser.
Eau Claire County Trail Use Fee, $2. Payable at registration.
Details of event awards can be found on the guidelines page.
Pre-Ride and Other Events
- Pre-ride – Starts at 3pm Friday. Saturday all day. – All those pre-riding the course do so entirely at their own risk!
- Learn to Race Clinic with Team WORS – Saturday 3:30-5 pm. Free to registered racers, the clinic includes instruction in off-road riding skills, race preparation and a ride-through of the Citizen race course. All participants must be registered for the race. Participants 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Firecracker Trail Run choice of a 5 or 10K distance. http://www..wors.org/trail-runs/
- Wood Fired Pizza from Foster Cheese Haus – for purchase on-site Friday night
- Racer Lounge – Free Post-race Snack.
- Spaghetti Feed – Saturday night (bargain price)!
- Bonfire – Saturday nights.
- Sunday Breakfast – pre-race fill-up (super deal)!
- Mist Tunnel – at the water station.
- Free SWAG – to all registered racers.
- Concessions – for sale on grounds.
How To Get There
From the East/West/South:
Hwy I-94 to Exit 68 towards Eleva/Eau Claire. Turn Right onto WI-93 South. Turn Right onto Lorch Ave. Lorch Ave. turns into Fairview Dr. End at 5530 Fairview Drive.
From the North:
Follow W-124 South, which becomes US-53/Hastings Way. Merge onto W-93 S. toward Eleva/Mall Drive. Turn Right onto Lorch Ave. Lorch Ave. turns into Fairview Dr. End at 5530 Fairview Drive.
Where To Stay
- Metropolis Resort www.metropolishotel.com
- Holiday Inn Campus Area-Eau Claire 800-472-3297
- Plaza Hotel & Suites- Eau Claire 800-482-7829
- Ramada Inn Convention Ctr.-Eau Claire 800-950-6121
- Best Western Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites-Eau Claire 888-634-5330
- GrandStay Residential Suites-Eau Claire 715-834-1700
- Country Inn & Suites-Eau Claire 715-832-7289
- (Please call the Convention & Visitors Bureau for lodging availability 888-523-3866)
On-site Camping $20/vehicle. Fri. & Sat. night only. $5/night additional for electricity.
- Red Flint Rock and Stone
- Wick Buildings
- Chippewa Off Road Bike Association
- Eau Claire Bike and Sport
- Erberts & Gerberts
- Ostertag Orthodontics
- Chilson Motors
- Spring Street Sports
- Riverside Bike and Skate
- Tractor Central
- Park Ridge Distributing
- Eau Claire Energy Cooperative
- Rassbach Freedom Link Communications
- McDonnell High School Cross Country Team