#5 | Red Flint Firecracker
Eau Claire Co. Expo Cntr. — Eau Claire, WI
From The Race Director . . .
Rolling into 2015 it’s hard to believe that we hosted the first Firecracker in 2005. Since then CORBA has added trails, updated the race course and handed out so many Firecracker socks to racers that we’ve lost count! The Red Flint Firecracker has become known for its fabulous trails and family friendly venue and this year will be no exception. With our mix of twisty pines, hard-packed Whoops and speedy ski trails racers will find plenty to love about this year’s course.
The Firecracker weekend has plenty in store for you beginning with on-site camping both Friday and Saturday nights so that you and yours can sit back and enjoy the weekend without needing to leave the grounds. After that first pre-ride on Friday don’t miss your chance to savor some amazing wood fired pizza. The Foster’s Cheese Haus Firetruck Pizza will be back again selling hot, delicious pizza from 5–8 PM on Friday night.
Since our goal is to provide you with great trails AND an incredible weekend of bikes and camaraderie the fun continues Saturday, June 27th with course pre-rides, our popular All-You-Can-Eat pasta feed (a fund raiser for McDonnell High School cross country team) and hanging out by the bonfire. You may even want to top the evening off with a night ride!
Start your race day with an amazing All-You-Can-Eat breakfast (fundraiser) that will be sure to fuel you up. Once you’ve completed your race, relax at the Racer Lounge and enjoy the shade, free snacks and water. Concessions are also for sale throughout the day on Sunday. And don’t forget, we will have great swag for all registered racers!!!
One thing we boast is “spectator-friendly” viewing areas. There are many sections of trail just a short walk from the Eau Claire County Expo that feature an elevated view of some of the riding or running challenges the competitors will tackle.
Not racing? We are always in need of volunteers, who also receive a swag bag PLUS a t-shirt! Please be sure to watch the CORBA message board and our Facebook page for course updates and race enhancements that are still in progress. This Firecracker is always a blast!!
All race proceeds go directly to CORBA, the non-profit organization that builds and maintains the trails you love. A special thank you goes out to Lowes Creek County Park for their support of mountain biking!
Asking yourself what the Red Flint Firecracker might be like? Well, let’s just say that the Red Flint Firecracker brings you a little bit of everything that you love about mountain biking. We begin by giving you a long, fast leadout and then toss you onto the Whoops for your first taste of fun. Next up you will find a short pine forest with tall trees and flowy singletrack. From there it’s a healthy mix of roots, rocks, punchy climbs, twisty sections and rolling ski trails to show off your passing skills. Add in the spectators sprinkled through out and the final sprint to the finish line to make it your best race for the season.
*Include applicable Wisconsin Sales Taxes
|Race Category||Start Time||Approximate Distance||Number of Laps||Entry Fee||Late/Day of Registration|
|Junior (age class 7-14)||9:30 AM||4.8 miles||1||$20.04**||$26**|
|Try-It-Out||10:00 AM||5.2 miles||1||$20.04*||$26*|
|Citizen (Cat 3)||10:00 AM||10.4 miles||2||$27.43*||$34*|
|Sport (Cat 2) & Open Fat Bike||11:30 AM||14 miles||2||$29.54*||$36*|
|Comp (Cat 2) & Open SS, Open Clyde||1:30 PM||20 miles||3||$29.54*||$36*|
|Open Women||1:30 PM||14 miles||2||$29.54*||$36*|
|Cat 1 Junior Women||1:30 PM||14 miles||2||$28.49***||$35***|
|Cat 1 Junior Men||1:30 PM||20 miles||3||$28.49***||$35***|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) women||1:30 PM||20 miles||3||$34.81***||$41***|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) men||1:30 PM||27 miles||4||$34.81***||$41***|
|WORS Kids Race 1:00 PM Everybody is a Winner for 10 & under – $3|
|Distances approximate. Laps subject to change secondary to conditions!|
* Race Registrants must either purchase a $10 one day license or present their USA Cycling annual license at race registration.
** Entry Fee applies for juniors (race age 18 & under) racing Citizen, those racing Sport pay $22.15/$28, and Cat 1 juniors $28.49/$35
*** There is no one day license option for Pro & Cat 1 entrants
Register: Online through June 22nd or by mail. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 19th, 2015.
> Make Checks Payable To: WORS
> Mail To: WORS, 8675 Rolling Hills Road, Custer, WI 54423
Late Registration (On Site): Saturday 2-6 pm, Sunday 8:00 am until 1/2 hour before the start of your race.
2015 USA Cycling/WORS Competitive and Non-Competitive Event Release Form
Juniors not accompanied at the race venue by their parent must present a signed form at registration.
Important Notice About PDF Printing – For legal purposes, many states require documents of a legal nature to use print in a font of not less than 10 points. These documents have been created with that requirement in mind. However, Adobe Acrobat may scale your document down to it’s own margins, thereby reducing the print to a size that may render the legality of this document void.
For your legal protection take a moment as you print this document to ensure that printer scaling is turned off. Follow these steps if you are unsure:
- Check the box below, and click ok
- Once the document opens in Acrobat, press ‘File’ > ‘Print’
- The printer dialog box will appear.
- Ensure that the ‘Page Scaling’ option is set to ‘None’
- Ensure that the box for ‘auto-rotate and center pages’ is checked
- Press the ‘Print’ button
Please note that options on printers may vary by model and by the software that the printer uses. If you have further questions, please email don at email@example.com
If you are having problems viewing this PDF file, you can right-click on the link below, and choose “Save Link As” to save the file to your computer. You can then double-click on the file to open this file in Acrobat outside of your browser.
Eau Claire County Trail Use Fee, $2. Payable at registration.
Details of event awards can be found on the guidelines page.
Pre-Ride and Other Events
- Pre-ride – Starts at 3pm Friday. Saturday all day.
- Learn to Race Clinic with Team WORS – Saturday 3:30-5 pm. Free to registered racers, the clinic includes instruction in off-road riding skills, race preparation and a ride-through of the Citizen race course. All participants must be registered for the race. Participants 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Firecracker Trail Run choice of a 5 or 10K distance. http://www..wors.org/trail-runs/
- Wood Fired Pizza from Foster Cheese Haus – for purchase on-site Friday night
- Racer Lounge – Free Post-race Snack.
- Spaghetti Feed – Saturday night (bargain price)!
- Bonfire – Saturday nights.
- Sunday Breakfast – pre-race fill-up (super deal)!
- Mist Tunnel – at the water station.
- Free Schwag – to all registered racers.
- Concessions – for sale on grounds.
How To Get There
From the East/West/South:
Hwy I-94 to Exit 68 towards Eleva/Eau Claire. Turn Right onto WI-93 South. Turn Right onto Lorch Ave. Lorch Ave. turns into Fairview Dr. End at 5530 Fairview Drive.
From the North:
Follow W-124 South, which becomes US-53/Hastings Way. Merge onto W-93 S. toward Eleva/Mall Drive. Turn Right onto Lorch Ave. Lorch Ave. turns into Fairview Dr. End at 5530 Fairview Drive.
Where To Stay
- Metropolis Resort www.metropolishotel.com
- Holiday Inn Campus Area-Eau Claire 800-472-3297
- Plaza Hotel & Suites- Eau Claire 800-482-7829
- Ramada Inn Convention Ctr.-Eau Claire 800-950-6121
- Best Western Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites-Eau Claire 888-634-5330
- GrandStay Residential Suites-Eau Claire 715-834-1700
- Country Inn & Suites-Eau Claire 715-832-7289
- (Please call the Convention & Visitors Bureau for lodging availability 888-523-3866)
On-site Camping $20/vehicle. Fri. & Sat. night only. $5/night additional for electricity.
- Chippewa Off Road Bike Association (CORBA)
- Red Flint Rock and Stone
- The Smiling Moose
- Chilson Motors
- Eau Claire Bike and Sport
- Riverside Bike and Skate
- Ostertag Orthodontics
- Sacred Heart Hospital
- Overdrive Cycling
- Spring Street Sports
- Rassbach Communications
- McDonnell High School Cross Country Team
- Eau Claire Energy Cooperative