#5 | Red Flint Firecracker
June 30, 2013
Eau Claire Co. Expo Cntr. — Eau Claire, WI
From The Race Director . . .
It’s to believe, but this will be the 9th Annual Red Flint Firecracker hosted by the Chippewa Off Road Bike Association (CORBA). The Firecracker has become known for fabulous trails and a family friendly venue. The Eau Claire County Expo Center allows us to offer onsite camping both Friday and Saturday nights so that you can sit back and enjoy your weekend. All race proceeds go directly to trail building throughout the Chippewa Valley.
Are you also a runner? Add a little more to your weekend by signing up for the Firecracker Trail Run and choose between a 5K or 10K race through the singletrack.
Racers can plan on finding the course ready to pre-ride on Friday afternoon. Pre-riding will allow you to test your cornering skills, wind your way through the pines and catch air on our new trails.
Our goal is to provide you great trails AND an incredible weekend of bikes and camaraderie. Saturday, June 29th will be filled with course pre-rides, our popular All-You-Can-Eat pasta feed (a fund raiser for McDonnell High cross country team) and hanging out by the bonfire. You may even want to top the evening off with a night ride!
Start your race day with an amazing All-You-Can-Eat breakfast (fundraiser) that will be sure to fuel you up. Once you’ve completed your race, relax at the Racer Lounge and enjoy the shade, free snacks and water. And don’t forget, we will have great swag for all registered racers!!!!
As always the course will be very spectator friendly with plenty of elevated viewing areas. We will also have concessions for sale.
Not racing? We are always in need of volunteers, who also receive a swag bag PLUS a tshirt! Please be sure to watch the CORBA message board and our Facebook page for course updates and race enhancements that are still being worked on. We guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Fast rolling trails with exciting singletrack twisting and turning through Lowes Creek County Park. Open sections provide opportunity to hammer, while technical singletrack will test your skills with tight corners, side hills, creek crossings, quick drops, and power climbs.
Start Times, Distances, and Entry Fees
|Race Category||Start Time||Approximate Distance||Number of Laps||Entry Fee||Late/Day of Registration|
|Junior (age class 7-14)||9:30 AM||4.8 miles||1 1/2||$18||$24|
|First Timer||10:00 AM||4.5 miles||1||$22||$28|
|Citizen (Cat 3)||10:00 AM||10.5 miles||2||$25||$31|
|Sport (Cat 2)||11:30 AM||14.6 miles||2||$27||$33|
|Comp (Cat 2)||1:30 PM||22.75 miles||3||$27||$33|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) women||1:30 PM||22.75 miles||3||$32||$38|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) men||1:30 PM||30.8 miles||4||$32||$38|
|WORS Kids Race 1:00 PM Everybody is a Winner for 10 & under – $3|
|Distances approximate. Laps subject to change secondary to conditions!|
Register: Online through June 24th or by mail. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 22, 2013.
> Make Checks Payable To: WORS
> Mail To: WORS, 8675 Rolling Hills Road, Custer, WI 54423
Late Registration (On Site): Saturday 3-6 pm, Sunday 8 am until 1/2 hour before the start of your race.
2013 USA Cycling/WORS Competitive and Non-Competitive Event Release Form
Juniors not accompanied at the race venue by their parent must present a signed form at registration.
Important Notice About PDF Printing
For legal purposes, many states require documents of a legal nature to use print in a font of not less than 10 points. These documents have been created with that requirement in mind. However, Adobe Acrobat may scale your document down to it’s own margins, thereby reducing the print to a size that may render the legality of this document void.
For your legal protection take a moment as you print this document to ensure that printer scaling is turned off. Follow these steps if you are unsure:
- Check the box below, and click ok
- Once the document opens in Acrobat, press ‘File’ > ‘Print’
- The printer dialog box will appear.
- Ensure that the ‘Page Scaling’ option is set to ‘None’
- Ensure that the box for ‘auto-rotate and center pages’ is checked
- Press the ‘Print’ button
Please note that options on printers may vary by model and by the software that the printer uses. If you have further questions, please email don at email@example.com
If you are having problems viewing this PDF file, you can right-click on the link below, and choose “Save Link As” to save the file to your computer. You can then double-click on the file to open this file in Acrobat outside of your browser.
Eau Claire County Trail Use Fee, $2. Payable at registration.
Details of event awards can be found on the guidelines page.
- Pre-ride – Starts at 3pm Friday. Saturday all day.
- Learn to Race Clinic with Team WORS – Saturday 3:30-5 pm. Free to registered racers, the clinic includes instruction in off-road riding skills, race preparation and a ride-through of the Citizen race course. All participants must be registered for the race. Participants 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Firecracker Trail Run choice of a 5 or 10K distance. http://www..wors.org/trail-runs/
- Racer Lounge – Free Post-race Snack.
- Spaghetti Feed – Saturday night (bargain price)!
- Bonfire – Saturday nights.
- Sun. Breakfast – pre-race fill-up (super deal)!
- Mist Tunnel at the water station.
- Free Schwag – to all registered racers.
- Concessions – for sale on grounds.
How To Get There
From the East/West/South:
Hwy I-94 to Exit 68 towards Eleva/Eau Claire. Turn Right onto WI-93 South. Turn Right onto Lorch Ave. Lorch Ave. turns into Fairview Dr. End at 5530 Fairview Drive.
From the North:
Follow W-124 South, which becomes US-53/Hastings Way. Merge onto W-93 S. toward Eleva/Mall Drive. Turn Right onto Lorch Ave. Lorch Ave. turns into Fairview Dr. End at 5530 Fairview Drive.
Where To Stay
- Metropolis Resort www.metropolishotel.com
- Holiday Inn Campus Area-Eau Claire 800-472-3297
- Plaza Hotel & Suites- Eau Claire 800-482-7829
- Ramada Inn Convention Ctr.-Eau Claire 800-950-6121
- Best Western Trail Lodge Hotel & Suites-Eau Claire 888-634-5330
- GrandStay Residential Suites-Eau Claire 715-834-1700
- Country Inn & Suites-Eau Claire 715-832-7289
- (Please call the Convention & Visitors Bureau for lodging availability 888-523-3866)
On-site Camping $20/vehicle. Fri. & Sat. night only. $5/night additional for electricity.
- Red Flint Rock and Stone
- Chippewa Off Road Bike Association
- Chippewa Falls McDonnell High School Cross Country Team
- Eau Claire Bike & Sport
- Spring Street Sports
- Fantastic Sams
- The Smiling Moose
- Riverside Bike & Skate
- Jackson Hewitt
- Leader Telegram
- Overdrive Cycling
- Rassbach Communications
- Eau Claire Energy Cooperative