#2 | Iola Bump & Jump
Iola Winter Sports Area — Iola, WI
From The Race Director . . .
The Iola Bump and Jump race course evolves a little each year based on racer input, rider and spectator safety, and the condition of individual sections of the track. However, the overall character that makes this course a favorite of many remains constant. The start loop that takes racers up and around the back side of Iola’s 40 & 60 meter ski jumps and then drops back down past the lodge into the jump bowl may be the best lead-out in all of WORS. In addition, several minor singletrack modifications have been made to improve the racing experience for all. For the youngest novice racers, the Bump & Jump’s Kids Race course provides an opportunity for them to expand their skills.
With the start and finish areas near the ski jumping bowl, the Bump and Jump offers spectators many fantastic opportunities to view their favorite riders. A post-race spaghetti dinner will be provided free of charge to all racers by the Iola Winter Sports Club, with other concessions available in the ski chalet.
Onsite rough camping will be available for $10 per car first-come,first-serve. Nearby Iola Pines Campground provides full facilities, but fills up fast (see ad below for contact info). For more details and race registration information, please contact race director, Phil Johnsrud at 715-572-9884, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsoring the Iola Bump and Jump is always an enjoyable experience for the Iola Winter Sports Club volunteers because of the great attitude of WORS participants. Club members volunteer year after year to work the race and to be part of the fun and excitement that WORS brings to the small friendly community of Iola. The Iola Winter Sports Club’s mission is to carry on a ski jumping tradition, provide low cost youth and family ski programs, and provide high quality cross-country skiing for its members. Proceeds from the Iola Bump and Jump help the club continue to improve the facility. Race director, Phil Johnsrud and the Iola Winter Sports Club want to make this event the best it can be. If there is any way for them to make this race better for you, please let them know.
Rolling hills, open ski trails, sandy wooded singletrack with quick ups and downs, this course has it all. The course loops through a centrally located jump bowl several times providing frequent opportunities to view and cheer on your favorite racers.
*Include applicable Wisconsin Sales Taxes
|Race Category||Start Time||Approximate race Duration||Number of Laps||Entry Fee||Late/Day of Registration|
|Junior (age class 7-14)||9:30 AM||35 min*||1||$22.16**||$28**|
|Try-It-Out||10:00 AM||35 min*||1||$22.16*||$28*|
|Citizen (Cat 3)||10:00 AM||60 min*||2||$29.54*||$36*|
|Sport (Cat 2) & Open Fat Bike||11:30 AM||85 min*||3||$31.65*||$38*|
|Comp (Cat 2) & Open SS, Open Clyde, Open Women||1:30 PM||105 min*||4||$31.65*||$38*|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) women & Cat 1 Junior Women||1:30 PM||110 min*||4||$36.93***||$43***|
|Elite (Pro & Cat 1) men & Cat 1 Junior Men||1:30 PM||120 min*||5||$36.93***||$43***|
|WORS Kids Race 1:00 PM Everybody is a Winner for 10 & under – $3|
|*Race Duration based on median time for the Category. Laps subject to change secondary to conditions!|
* Race Registrants must either purchase a $10 one day license or present their USA Cycling annual license at race registration.
** Entry Fee applies for juniors (race age 18 & under) racing Citizen, those racing Sport pay $24.27/$30, and Cat 1 juniors $30.60/$37
*** There is no one day license option for Pro & Cat 1 entrants
Register: Online through May 1st or by mail. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 28th, 2017.
> Make Checks Payable To: WORS
> Mail To: WORS, 8675 Rolling Hills Road, Custer, WI 54423
Late Registration (On Site): Friday 3-6 pm and Saturday 8 am until 1/2 hour before the start of your race.
2017 USA Cycling/WORS Event Release Form AND One Day License Application
Juniors (Racer under the age of eighteen as of the day of their registration) not accompanied at the race venue by a parent or legal guardian must present a signed form at registration.
Important Notice About PDF Printing – For legal purposes, many states require documents of a legal nature to use print in a font of not less than 10 points. These documents have been created with that requirement in mind. However, Adobe Acrobat may scale your document down to it’s own margins, thereby reducing the print to a size that may render the legality of this document void.
For your legal protection take a moment as you print this document to ensure that printer scaling is turned off. Follow these steps if you are unsure:
- Check the box below, and click ok
- Once the document opens in Acrobat, press ‘File’ > ‘Print’
- The printer dialog box will appear.
- Ensure that the ‘Page Scaling’ option is set to ‘None’
- Ensure that the box for ‘auto-rotate and center pages’ is checked
- Press the ‘Print’ button
Please note that options on printers may vary by model and by the software that the printer uses. If you have further questions, please email don at email@example.com
If you are having problems viewing this PDF file, you can right-click on the link below, and choose “Save Link As” to save the file to your computer. You can then double-click on the file to open this file in Acrobat outside of your browser.
Details of event awards can be found on the guidelines page.
Amenities & Additional Information
- Pre-ride – Saturday 12-7pm – All those pre-riding the course do so entirely at their own risk!
- Learn to Race Clinic with Team WORS – Saturday 3:30-5 pm. Free to registered racers, the clinic includes instruction in off-road riding skills, race preparation and a ride-through of the Citizen race course. Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Iola Deer Trail Run, Trail Run, 5K & 10K distances, 8:30am start, visit www.wors.org/trail-runs for details.
- Free post-race spaghetti feed provided by Iola Winter Sports Club (IWSC).
- Concessions – available throughout the day at the IWSC Chalet.
How To Get There
Where To Stay
- Norseman House Motel 715-445-3300
- Best Western-Waupaca 715-258-9212.
- Iola Pines Campground 715-445-3489 (Great facilities including shower, store, tent sites – $10 or water/electric sites – $15)
- Iola Winter Sports Club race-site rough camping $10 per car.
- Iola Family Chiropratic
- Iola Business Group
- Supplemental funds provided by South Waupaca Chapter 30077 of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
For More Information