Online volunteer sign up will close at 4:30 Thursday, July 21st, but we are still in desperate need of volunteers!
Midwest MTB Champions Volunteers Needed! – Sign-Up HereThe Midwest MTB Championships is fast approaching and we are in need of many volunteers to help make this event a success. Volunteers are needed for a wide variety of positions, many of which can be done in pairs. You can volunteer for a full day, half day, or even just a couple of hours and still have plenty of time to cheer on your favorite racer, compete in one or more of the races, and enjoy the WORS Cup as a whole.
Be a part of bringing a premier mountain biking event to the Midwest, the Midwest MTB Championships, July 22-24 at Cascade Mountain, near Portage, WI.
Position Descriptions and Hours Needed –Sign up now!
- Cross-country Course Marshals – Sat: 8:30am-6pm, Direct and assist riders and spectators, monitor crossings
- Finish Chute/Timing – Sat & Sun (see sign-up for hours). Slow riders down, keep them in line, call out or record numbers
- Awards –Friday 8pm, Saturday 1pm, 3pm and 6pm, Sunday 11:30am and 4pm. Make sure that medals and awards are prepared prior to each ceremony and hand them out
- Parking – Sat & Sun 7:00am -1:00pm. Direct cars to ensure efficient use of space
- Short Track Officials – Sunday 8:30am – 1:00 pm. Assist with timing and/or marshal the course and spectator crossings
- KMC Enduro Marshals – Sunday 12:30 – 4:00pm Direct and assist riders and spectators, monitor crossings
- Awards – Times currently listed aren't accurate for this year. Suggest just saying 1/2 hour after the start of each race. This hasn't been included in the online sign-up in the past. If we still need people for this, I'd suggest we list it here and ask that they contact Halligan directly to help. Make sure that medals and awards are prepared prior to each ceremony and hand them out
- Tear Down & Load Out – Sun. 3pm ‘till it’s all packed up (hopefully 7pm-ish)