TeamWORS is seeking an official photographer (or two) to document 2011 WORS events and sponsor presence. Interested parties should send an email to TeamWORS@gmail.com. The selection process will include a "try-out" at an early-season WORS event, preferably Iola - and we will supply you with more specifics in an email response to interested photographers.
The Official WORS Photographer will enjoy complimentary WORS series registration and race entry fees, as well as a free, limited edition Team WORS kit. Photos credited to the photographer will be included with WORS media and press releases, as seen in cyclingnews.com, mtbracenews.com, velonews.com, singletrack.com, cyclingdirt.org and others. Finally, the WORS Photographer(s) will be featured in a regular column as a showcase for "Photographers pics" after each event.
The photographer(s) will be responsible for capturing high-quality venue, sponsor, vendor and event images at WORS events. It will be possible to perform these duties and race. Preference will be given to those who can attend all, or many, of the events. The individual must provide and maintain their own camera equipment, and be able to upload or email a few specific images to WORS HQ by early Sunday evening after each event, or download the images to compatible media before leaving the event on Sunday afternoon
An example of some of the images needed at each WORS event (note, some of these images are taken during the Saturday pre-ride):
- WORS Learn to Race Clinic
- Junior's race
- Subaru Display vehicle with crowd presence
- Bontrager Wheel & Tire Demo Tent with team, racer and crowd presence
- Kenetic Trainer Tent with crowd and racer presence
- Vendor displays with crowd presence
- Venue Image(s) with crowd presence and racers
- Spectator areas with crowd presence
- WORS Banners and Sponsor presence in the venue area, EXPO area, start scaffold, finish scaffold, awards podium and on-course
- WORS Start Image (preferably during a Sport or Elite wave start)
If interested, contact email@example.com
Include a complete list of the WORS events that you plan to / will be available to attend in 2011.
Photos taken by the Official Photographer may be included, with photographer attribution, in press materials distributed by WORS and published in regional, national and international cycling media. WORS also uses these images to document sponsor presence and recruit sponsorship support for the series.