Posts from 201005
- Best Venue
- Best Sponsor Banner - Subaru is the featured Sponsor for Race #3
- Best Spectator
- Best Group of Racers in Singletrack
- Best Elite Women's Leader
- Best Overall
250+ Team WORS Photo Contest Finalists More WORS photographer and spectator videos at TeamWORS Vimeo. WORS Photo Contest rules WORS Photo Contest tips at TeamWORS.org
The WORS race report has a new layout for 2010. Use the controls below to view in full screen, pause, and navigate between pages.
The race reports also have a new posting schedule. Look for a quick update with press links early in the week after each race. The pictorial race report, here, will be posted the following weekend.
140+ Team WORS Photo Contest Finalists More WORS photographer and spectator videos at TeamWORS Vimeo. WORS Photo Contest rules WORS Photo Contest tips at TeamWORS.org
- Best Venue Photo. For tips on this category, see this page. A particular challenge of the Rhinelander venue is the long, narrow start area and the pines that separate it from the awards podium.
- Best Photo of Racer(s) and Sponsor Banners. For tips on this category, see this page. All banner photos will be considered, and Featured Sponsor Banners for Crystal Lake are Subaru and Trek.
- Best Singletrack Photo. A great photo in this category gives an accurate impression of the course conditions and features multiple racers in singletrack. Singletrack is close, and often wooded. It is distinct from double track, where multiple riders can ride abreast. In singletrack, riders must ride in single file except when passing. Bonus points for Citizen and Sport riders!
- Best Photo of Racers on the course AND the lake. Crystal Lake is the beautiful backdrop to this race. Include it in your photo for the win.
- Best Spectator Photo. WORS loves the cheering spectators who make the racing action great at each event.
Saturday May 22 and Sunday May 23 You are invited to a weekend at the trails of Nordic Mountain, site of the 2010 Subaru Cup Midwest Regional Championships and USA Cycling Pro XCT.
WORS Series Director Don Edberg is the MTB "trail boss" at Nordic Mountain, which means he's built most of those sweet trails himself, with the help of dedicated WORS racers and friends.
Come help Don and friends build trails in the morning (9-2), and then enjoy an exclusive chance to ride them in the afternoon! Bring a sack lunch, and WORS will bring snacks and gatorade. On Sunday, the Trek Store of Madison Team will have free bike demos for riding during the afternoon (12-4), and beverages from our fine sponsor, Capital Brewery. RSVP on Facebook.
In addition to helping to build some of the best trails in Wisco, this is an great chance to preview and ride the course that will host the Midwest Regional Championships, Subaru Cup, and USA Cycling Pro XCT.
No experience is necessary. Check out this video of a Trail Building and Demo day from the Trek team to get an idea of what a trail-building party is like.
Win a Capital Brewery jersey
WORS is pleased to announce that the 2010 Subaru Cup Staff Bash will include a Capital Brewery Bier Garten. Capital will be in attendance to offer a special beer tasting for racers on Saturday evening before and during the awards ceremony, and Capital Brewery beers will be available on-site at Nordic Mountain throughout the event weekend.
(Required fields are bold)