Posts from 201103
Update: Subaru Cup Video Remix Contest - winner announced!Subaru is once again the title sponsor of America's largest state mountain bike racing series. Over 8 years, Subaru has been a wonderful partner and has enabled WORS to bring safe, fun, friendly mountain bike competition to as many people as possible. In celebration of Subaru's continued support for the WORS Series and the Subaru Cup, WORS announces the 2011 Subaru Cup Video Remix contest. Although we did not receive the required eight entries, the videos were of such consistently high quality that we are ready to award the $1400 prize package. Although it was a difficult decision, we believe one entry in particular best captured the spirit and breadth of experiences at the 2010 event in a carefully crafted 2-minute remix. And the winner is: Martin Tank II. We hope you'll watch and enjoy his video below. Marty wins a prize package from WORS sponsors to be presented in person at the awards ceremony at WORS # 2: Prize Package: in addition to undying fame, renown and endless bragging rights, the winner will receive a prize package from WORS valued at over $1400. Field size requirement! Please note - in order for the prize to be awarded, a total of no less than 8 individual entries must be received by WORS by the deadline. The package will include:
- a $700+ Fox racing fork as seen on page 8 of the WORS Handbook. The winner will have the choice of a Fox 32 Float RLC or 32 Float 29er RLC.
- a Kinetic trainer package, including trainer, training block and special tires (page 77 of the WORS Handbook).
- Ryders eyeware (ad on page 10 of the WORS Handbook)
- a healthy energy package including products from WORS Sponsors HoneyStinger (page 12) and FRS.
- Subaru sponsor presence with racers and fans
- Sam Schultz winning his first Pro XCT race (with voice over, if possible)
- Trek sponsor presence with racers and fans
- Amateur racers (all ages and abilities!)
- Women racers (Pro & amateur)
- Juniors racers
- Nordic Mountain venue and Subaru Cup EXPO
- Crowd and fans
- Crowd and fan noise in audio
- Impreza Short Track
- Outback Super D
- Complete credits (see details above in Rules)
- profanity or explicit lyrics
- images or video of riders crashing
WORS 2011 Handbooks have arrived!If you're already on our mailing list, you can expect your Handbook to arrive soon. You'll also be able to find WORS Handbooks in the coming month at your local bike shop. In the meantime, a digital preview is here. Have you registered for the Series yet?